Thursday, February 10, 2011

Get out of that funky mood!

So I didn't have the best of days. One of those blues-y days again. We all have them every now and then. But what do you do to get out of that funk? For me music works, at least in most days. Sometimes I just need some sad song to cry it all out, and sometimes I need some upbeat fun to get me in a good mood. Today was one of the latter days. So I put on one of the most upbeat, jazzy songs I know of. Basement Jaxx's Do Your Thing.


Who can resist the beats of this song? Makes you wanna sing and dance, even if you can do neither. Also, the lyrics are oddly fitting. 'I don't need no TV, I don't need news / All I need is a bumpin' beat to bump away my blues'. It's one of those songs where the beat has you hooked from beginning to end.

So what's your 'chase-away-the-blues' song?

2 comments:

  1. Basement Jaxx seem to always be favorite with dancers. "Where's Your Head At" used to be a highly requested song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they have some really good tunes. I like them because they're different. They don't sound like they're a part of the massproduced hits thing that most artists today are. They're actually one of the first dance groups I ever liked, when they released Rendez-Vu and Red Alert back in the 90s.

    ReplyDelete